Today’s batch of links from around the nerdsphere:
* Stadium Journey has a new review online featuring AT&T Park. Not surprisingly, the park rates very well in several areas. The Giants’ homepark is one of my favorites in baseball. It’s my personal favorite that rates up there with other greats such as PNC Park and Camden Yards. Giants fans are extremely lucky when it comes to watching a ballgame in such an excellent venue.
* Splashing Pumpkins has a nice running recap on day two of the draft. I really liked the Susac pick. Oropesa is interesting, but I’m skeptical if he’ll ever make enough contact in the pros. Lots of power-arms in the mix, too.
* John Perrotto of Baseball Prospectus has a nice article on Vogelsong’s season. Unfortunately, if you’re not a BP subscriber you won’t be able to read it. There’s nothing ground-breaking in the piece, but it’s a nice review of where Vogelsong is at right now.
* Andrew Baggarly’s post-game blog has an interesting bit of info: the Giants are most likely going to increase their search for a catcher. The team isn’t impressed with how Whiteside has done in a full-time role – shocking, yet I really don’t like the idea of trading for a husk like Pudge Rodriguez.
* Not a link, but after last night’s game Jonathan Sanchez now has a 5.45 BB/9. That walk-rate is 2nd in the majors among starting pitchers. Only Kyle Drabeck (6.29) has issued more free passes.