- Spring training is a good time to put away the statbook and pick up the camera. Azgiants.com always has great pictures this time of year.
- Mat Latos hates SF . . . and with good reason.
- Baggs covers Brain Wilson’s latest piece of performance art. Did Wilson luck out when he got drafted by San Francisco or what? He’s a good player, obviously. But he’s now a folk hero around the city, to the point where usually the non-baseball following residents both recognize and love him. I think his quirky, semi-ironic persona works better here than it would in a lot of other places.
- Speaking of Baggs, he’s giving his spring training rundowns on Youtube this year.
- There’s no particular link for this one, but it looks like we are going to spend the entire spring training talking about Pablo Sandoval’s weight – just like as if he was an emotionally disturbed starlet.
I'm happy Mat Latos hates SF...Because the feeling's mutual! However, anyone who's ever attended a game at Petco knows San Diego's park is nothing but an eardrum-breaking, advertisement for the military...Not much to offer other than a scale model of an aircraft carrier and cutouts of soldiers for your kids to take photos with. KEEP IT! AND KEEP LATOS TOO! BTW, check out this classic video of Game 4 of the NLCS, the game-winning swing by Uribe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cVrtA6I54g - I'm sure Latos would have liked to have been on this field!