- I’m not sure how much the 2010 team has improved. Sanchez will be better than the group of second basemen that the Giants ran out in 2009, but he’s an injury risk in a playergroup that’s tended to age poorly.
- Mark DeRosa in LF nets the Giants zero wins over playing Fred Lews in LF over a full season.
- Aubrey Huff could very well do worse at first base than a full season of Travis Ishikawa. Again, it’s another position that I’m not sure the Giants got better at.
- The pitching will probably regress a little. To expect the pitching to stay the same that it was in ’09 seems foolish.
- Being positive: bringing Molina back isn’t a terrible deal if it means the Giants are committed to Posey as soon as they can call him up and not have it affect his arb-clock down the line. Molina should not hit 4th for the Giants in the upcoming season.
All interesting thoughts. Molina obviously didn’t get the 3-year deal on the free agent market that he was looking for. I’ll be working on the 2010 WAR team projection. Hopefully I’ll have it online in a week or less.